What if Hollywood hottie Chloë Grace Moretz or Bollywood hearthrob Ranbir Kapoor were to vanish today.
Would the sun still dare to raise its head above the eastern horizon tomorrow?
Would the Chutiya boys and girls stop moving their hands furtively beneath the sheets?
Hard as the ordeal will prove to be for some, the world will easily survive the absence of Ranbir and Chloe.
Not a calamitous loss at all, if you ask me.
There’s always a sexier White babe and a more handsome Kapoor boy lurking behind the Hollywood and Bollywood curtains respectively.
Linux – Another Ball Game
What about the open source operating system Linux?
If Linux had never been developed or were it to disappear off the face of the earth in the AM tomorrow, would the world still look the same?
Mon dieu, the horror of the blasphemous thought.
What’s wrong with you?
Believe me, the absence of Linux would be felt far and wide.
It’d be a calamitous loss for humanity.
A World Without Linux?
So what would Planet Earth look like without Linux?
* No Android smartphones or tablets (No Samsung Galaxy S5, No Xiaomi M4, No LG G3, No Karbonn Titanium S7, No Samsung Galaxy Tab S) because Linux is at the core of Android
* iPhone and iPad would have in excess of 90% smartphone and tablet market-share and Tim Cook wouldn’t stop smiling
* No fast-booting Chromebooks (with their puny 16GB solid state drives) because Chrome OS is based on the Linux kernel
* No Raspberry Pi (and the countless hardware devices it enables)
* No RedHat, No Debian, No Ubuntu, No Linux Mint, No Fedora, No Cinnamon, No Arch Linux, No KDE, No BOSS (an Indian Linux distro)
* Linus Torvalds would be an unknown figure, still living in icy Finland instead of sunny Oregon
* Countless web sites would vanish because they’re all hosted on Linux servers
* No embedded Linux devices for industrial applications
* A poorer Kickstarter (typing Linux in Kickstarter search box pulls up 216 projects)
* No Google (which relies on a gazillion Linux servers to pull up results when you search for “Namitha’s breasts“)
* No Linux means crappy Windows would be a crappier operating system
* Bill Gates’ fortune would not be $75 billion but closer to $750 billion
* Sun Microsystems and its Solaris (a Unix variant) operating system would still be rocking instead of dead, dead, dead
* No low-cost cluster computing
* Much diminished level of tech innovation
* No peerless SI blog
* Above all, No post on “Imagine a World Without Linux” on the SI blog
So what do you think a world without Linux would look like?